Pain, Pain go away!
With New Zealand looking to follow international trends and move away from codeine-based pain relief products being available on pharmacy shelves, you’ll be pleased to know there are lots of effective alternatives available over the counter.
Whether you’re suffering from migraines, period pain, arthritis, cold and flu symptoms or any form of strong pain, we recommend talking to your local Pharmacist. They’ll listen closely, assess your symptoms and recommend the best course of treatment to get you back on track.
Next time you’re at your local pharmacy talk to your Pharmacist about products that contain Diclofenac, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, or that combine both Paracetamol and Ibuprofen like Maxigesic or Nuromol – these products don’t contain codeine but can still be effective against strong pain.
For the best results, combine pain relief treatment with a focus on overall health and well-being. Here are some tips on how to achieve that, once you’re starting to feel like you’re on the mend:
- Exercise regularly – gentle walking and stretching can work wonders.
- Consider massage and/or physiotherapy.
- Spend quality time with family and friends.
- Reduce stress – read a book, get outside for some fresh air and get plenty of sleep.
- Eliminate processed food and alcohol, stay hydrated and eat lots of fruit and vegetables.
- Strive to achieve a healthy work/life balance.