5-steps to glowing skin while you sleep
A good night-time facial routine is perfect for boosting your skin’s natural glow.
This is because at night our cells go into overdrive to help repair the damage incurred throughout the day. Our blood vessels also dilate at night, allowing an increased flow of nutrients and oxygen to the skin. Take this opportunity to feed your skin cells the stuff they need to optimise skin repair and hydration!
We challenge you to enhance your night-time routine and transform your skin with these 5 steps:
- Start with a good cleanse - Use a cleansing brush along with a gentle, foaming face cleanser in lukewarm water to wash off dirt and oil. Remember not to overdo it.
- Apply a facemask at least 2 times a week - Facemasks are beneficial for opening pores, so that active ingredients can be easily absorbed into the skin.
- Use a product that contains ‘retinol’ - Apply a small amount of retinol all over clean skin (be sure to avoid your eye area). These creams work to brighten, unclog pores and heal the skin.
- Apply a generous layer of moisturiser all over your face & neck - Use a night cream that contains peptides, vitamin C and A to help repair and hydrate your skin overnight and wake up with a fresh glow in the morning.
- Drink plenty of water and get some rest - Make sure you drink plenty of water, especially during winter. Don’t forget your skin needs hydrating from the inside-out, and be sure to get some rest! The evening skincare products can only go so far.